Magnetite (Iron Oxide Fe3O4)
- Iron (II,III) Oxide, black iron oxide.
Various, primarily mineral ores from the northern region of Sweden.
Black or brownish-black with a metallic lustre. Odourless, solid (powder, granular particles or aggregate).
Typical purity %: 99.0%
To request specification or SDS, contact the Higgi team. You can also contact us for a complete list of the more extensive chemical/product range.
Request more information
- Provides a mouldable chill sand/anti-finning additive; iron oxide additive to foundry sand.
- Nanoparticle technology, employing ferro-magnetic properties in permeable reactive barriers for the sorption or degradation of contaminants in groundwater
- Heavy media separation – coal washing, scrap metal separation, removal of actinides, radioactive and heavy metals from liquid effluents. regenerant solution, recovery of hazardous wastes,
- For conversion to ferrite and employed in mine water treatment.
- As a gunning material in the maintenance and repair of refractory linings in furnaces.
- Formulating into speciality fertiliser granules.
- As a functional filler in plastics, polymers and rubbers.
- Other uses include: Magnetic drug targeting, low-friction seals, dampening and cooling agents in loudspeakers, magnetically active membrane
biological reactor, and controlled microfluidic flow, such as electro –magnetic clutches.
- Land Remediation
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Foundries and Die Casting
- Furnace Operations